Clarkii supports opening and saving of major picture file formats, including GIF, JPEG, PNG and BMP. Full support of transparency in GIF and PNG. It also has a possibility to use a project xml file that preserves all layer information and can be used as a way to provide end users with editable templates instead of forcing them to create images from scratch.
NEW: Clarkii can save as PDF, allowing you to create a high resolution version of the result that can be used for printing purposes.
Images can be loaded from user's local computer, an URL on the web and encoded Base 64 data. This way you can choose the most convenient source to load Clarkii with images, regardless if it is a local or remote file or image data in a database.
Clarkii provides you with a vast number of handy functions, which makes image editing an easy and pleasant task:
- Zoom freely using a slider or enter an exact percentage if you like.
- If you make a mistake, do not worry - you can always undo and redo a number of your last operations.
- Use layers to create sophisticated and professionally looking images. Opacity of each layer can be controlled, allowing the background to show through.
- Insert fully customizable geometric shapes (rectangles, ellipses, lines and arrows), text, which can be nicely anti-aliased (it does not have stair-like edges even at big sizes), or other images.
- Employ many image modification functions to make the image look the way YOU want it. You can smoothly resize the image or the working area as well as freely rotate, flip or crop them.
- Add some artistic touches or easily correct imperfections caused by the camera or lighting conditions. Convert it into grayscale, adjust brightness and contrast, blur, sharpen, draw/erase using the brush and eraser tools.
- Use advanced functions for extra precision and flexibility. Use grid for exact placement and alignment of objects.
- Effects and filters: Emboss, Emboss Light, Emboss Dark, Oil Paint, Watercolor, Mosaic, Patchwork, Brick Texture, Lens-flare, Sepia tint
- Adjust Hue/Saturation/Lightness
- Layer list for easy selection of layers, layer locking, layer replacing with right mouse click
Many customization options are available to allow you to flexibly integrate Clarkii into your website the way you envision it.
- Example scripts will be available in different technologies: PHP, ASP, ASP.Net, JSP, and ColdFusion. You can freely modify and adapt them to meet your specific needs.
(note that when you use Classic ASP and larger images (>75KB) you will need to have access to a dll that will perform the base 64 en-/decoding)
- Limit the minimum and maximum sizes of the images the user can upload. Optionally images which are bigger, can be automatically resized to fit predefined boundaries before uploading.
- Choose among different interface languages or contact us and translate into your own.
Provide your own customized help page to users which they can access by clicking "Help" in the toolbar.
- Hide unnecessary toolbar buttons or even customize specific dialog boxes when you want to provide your user with a simpler interface or limit his/her activities.
- Any other additional possibilities can be implemented upon request